Hi.World | Hallesche

The world is not enough.

International health insurance for inpats

Your employees come from other countries and are assigned to work in Germany as inpatriates (inpats)?

In this case, it is important to provide these employees with reliable and legally compliant health insurance coverage. The general compulsory insurance in Germany according to § 193 III VVG as well as your duty of care as an employer according to § 618 BGB, § 17 SGB V can lead to considerable cost and liability risks for your company.

Complex requirements in Germany

The legal requirements for health insurance coverage for foreign employees in Germany are complex and can change rapidly over time as the duration of stay in Germany or the residence permits of the insured employees, or their family members change. Thus, an insurance policy that does not comply with these requirements exposes you and your employees to numerous liability risks.
Comprehensive protection for you and for your employees 

Our special international tariffs „Hi.World“ provide comprehensive coverage for your foreign employees in Germany within the framework of a group insurance contract and protect you as an employer from incalculable financial risks.

Your advantages

  • Legally-compliant insurance solutions in Germany
  • Easy management of contracts via our online portals
  • No risk assessment or waiting periods, inclusion of pre-existing conditions 
  • Free choice of doctor or hospital with direct billing option (otherwise digital invoice submission) 
  • Insurance coverage for all employees working in Germany on behalf of the policy holder as well as accompanying family members
  • Individual continued insurance after termination of the group insurance contract
  • Optional benefits: e.g., daily sickness allowance, employer-subsidized plans, ... 

Your employees are assigned to work abroad as expatriates? 
Here you can find information on our comprehensive insurance coverage for expatriates.

Hi.World: Action!

Our international health insurance for inpats


Compare details of our international health insurance for inpats now

Available for employees with temporary (limited to 5 years)
and unlimited residence title. 
Hi.Inpat XL
Available for employees with temporary (limited to 5 years)
and unlimited residence title. 

Hi.Inpat M


Comprehensive services for your employees

Hallesche offers a wide range of international services. Thereby, we pay great attention to providing the best possible care.

Would you like to reliably cover yourself and your employees for a stay in Germany?
We are happy to send you an offer tailored to your needs.

FAQ on international health insurance "Hi.World" for inpats and expats
What do you have to bear in mind when sending employees abroad?
In addition to a large number of sending countries with different requirements and constantly increasing health care costs, there also are complex legal regulations – including, among others, a legally regulated duty of care on the part of the employer for employees and their family members abroad (§17 Social Security Act (SGB) V). This means: employers must cover all medical expenses incurred abroad. This also applies to family members who accompany the employee abroad.
Who are the tariffs suitable for and who takes out the insurance?
The "Hi.World" international tariffs are aimed at companies whose employees are deployed abroad or come to Germany on business from a foreign branch office. Employers conclude the appropriate contract in the form of a group insurance contract. The company acts as policy holder and premium payer, while the employees and their dependents are persons insured.
Is there a minimum number of persons?
With us, group insurance contracts for the coverage of employees abroad can be concluded for as few as 10 persons. However, other individual solutions are possible, too. Please contact us, we are happy to advise you. For short-term business trips of up to 365 days ("Hi.Traveller" tariff), there is no minimum required number of persons.
What is the difference between expatriates and inpatriates?
Expatriates (expats) are persons who live or work in another country temporarily or for a longer period of time, yet without being naturalized. In this case, "Hi.Expat" would be the correct tariff. Inpatriates (Inpats) are persons who live or work in Germany temporarily or permanently, yet without naturalization. In this case, "Hi.Inpat" is the right tariff.